Marcin "Maverick" Kujawa
Modern, synth alternative rock band from Poland. GLASSPOP’s style breaks the rules and try to define rock music in its very own way. It’s pure energy and true rock’n’roll soul mixed with fresh synth sounds bring an epic, multi-layered sound which can be compared to artists like Muse, Editors, White Lies, Kasabian.
The band was formed in 2016 by Marcin ‚Maverick” Kujawa and Piotr Tarnawski in Poznan, Poland.
Marcin „Maverick Kujawa - vocals, electronics
Piotr Tarnawski - bass
Maciej Zdanowicz - guitars
Daniel Maliszewski - drums
In April 2018 the band signed a management contract with London based company KRMB Management represented by Kevin Reynolds.
In August 2018 they released the first single „I need somebody”. Single which received really good feedback from Polish and German radio stations. The single appeared on a several playlists in regional and student stations in Germany.
In November 2018 the band released the second single „Perfect illusion”. Single which got national airplay in Poland and was played in regional and student stations in Germany.
On November 9th 2018 they premiered the critically acclaimed debut album, in Germany "Stranger in the mirror”.
„Rundum tolle Scheibe, voller ehrlichem Leben, mit dauerhaft überraschenden Facetten, vielseitig einsetzbar.“ // "All around great record, full of honest life, with long-lasting surprising facets, versatile."- Sonic Seducer
„Unbedingt mal reinhören!” // "Absolutely must listen to it!"- Mix1.de
„Sie machen ihre Sache echt ordentlich“ // "They do their job really great"- Legacy magazine
„Polens Hitschmiede Glasspop” // "Polish hitmakers Glasspop"- Musikdownload24.de
„Ein guter Start für diese Band, der Hoffnung macht darauf, weitere niveauvolle Songs in Zukunft präsentiert zu bekommen” // "A good start for this band, hope this makes it possible to present more high-quality songs in the future" - MUSIKANSICH.de
The album is available on most download and streaming services such as: Spotify, Tidal, iTunes, Apple Music, CDBaby, Amazon and many, many more.
- 4 gigs on Lancaster Music Festival 2017
- supports for danish legend: MEW (3 gigs in Poland and Germany, 2017)
- performance on the main stage in Poznan for The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity (it’s a huge event in Poland, 2018)
- Glasspop have won a slot on „Second Stage” (through emerging talent competition) on Pol’and’Rock Festival (fka Woodstock Festival - the biggest openair festival in Europe, 2018)
- the band has been invited to take part in Rock am Wind Festival in Germany (2018 & 2019).
- supports for polish top acts: COMA, HAPPYSAD (Autumn 2019)
HI RES PHOTO
HI RES ALBUM COVER